Sunday 1 March 2009

Pregnant?

It is often the case that girls and women have abortions because they don't think there is any alternative. In fact a 2004 study found that 64% of women felt pressured into having an abortion. Their family and the father of the child often counsel having an abortion so that the 'problem' can be dealt with easily. Unfortunately, although the family and friends counseling the pregnant woman/girl, think they are advising what is best for her, they don't realise how detrimental an abortion can be on the emotional and mental health of the woman. 65% of the women studied experienced multiple symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Women who had abortions were more likely to have thoughts of suicide (36%), increased use of drugs or alcohol (27%), sexual problems (24%), relationship problems (27%), guilt (78%), and an inability to forgive themselves (62%).

So I thought I would do something practical because abortion hurts at least two people, the unborn and the mother. I have had free business cards printed with the information below and when I can afford it I will get an ongoing classified advert in the local paper.

I cannot offer money but I can offer a listening ear and I have spare bedrooms if anyone needs a place to stay and I can get second hand baby stuff from Freecycle. I can also teach them EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) which will help in overcoming the scariness of the whole journey and also help with pain relief too. And generally be a support in whatever way the woman or girl needs.
Pregnant?
Need Help?
call Patricia
0118 959 5675
07942 82 03 46
PregnantNeedHelp (at) gmail (dot) com