Monday 1 November 2010

Tai Chi and the Roar of the Traffic

This morning I woke up to the sound of pleasant Chinese music being played over a PA system outside. I looked out and in the courtyard below there was a group of people doing Tai-Chi. Then more groups gathered in different spaces between buildings and trees. It was quite beautiful to watch. I'm sorry I didn't think to take a photo of the Tai Chi, but this was taken on Sunday. 

The roar of the traffic increased so much that I could eventually only hear the music faintly. 

Yesterday at midday there was a group of children, all wearing red T-shits and black trousers, having a class of some sort in the courtyard. It looked like exercises to do some martial art. They did a lot of lining up in single file while they took turns in doing an exercise in front of the instructor. They did things like swinging a leg high and in front of the body whilst walking.